The Credit Union for Robertson County, your member owned financial institution, is committed to providing you financial products and services to meet your needs and reach your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our members’ privacy. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect “nonpublic personal information” about you. Nonpublic personal information is personally identifiable information about you obtained by the CU for Robertson County in connection with providing the required service. We may collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as: Your name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as: your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as: your creditworthiness and credit history.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described previously and as permitted by law, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you decide to terminate your membership with the CU for Robertson County, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy
The CU for Robertson County is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you.
The Credit Union for Robertson County
2416 Memorial Blvd
Springfield, TN 37172
Phone: (615) 382-8255
Fax: (615) 384-5812
Click here for a printable version of the Privacy Notice.